Sunday, August 25, 2019

It's my birthday

Yep, it is my birthday today, and 26 days since my last post.  What have I done since then?

David is also an August baby so we had a road trip to the South Island for his birthday.

It was a fabulous week and I did convince him to stop at a few secondhand and vintage stores.  I came home with some lovely vintage treasures.


                                                       Dunedin was beautiful.



Sunrise from Larnach Castle Lodge

A few of my vintage goodies from the South Island.

I decided it was high time I visited my parents in Whangarei, so shortly after we returned from our trip I was back on the road again.  It is a long way to their place so I stopped and visited with friends and family on the way there and back.
Before I left I completed a layout for Dad for his birthday of Mum on their wedding day.  Sadly I forgot to photograph it so I only have this sneaky peek.







Apart from this layout I have been rather lost down a junk journal rabbit hole and really loving trying something new.

A sneak peek of a wee book I am making.

Junk journals are much trickier to share.  I am thinking I am going to have to make use of my tripod and film a flip through.  It seems to be the way.  However I haven't actually completed one yet as they are very time intensive and lots of work.  

When I returned home from my time away my garden had been transformed.  One garden bed completely gone and the enormous pond also gone and filled in.  It is going to look amazing when the mud dried out and the grass is planted.  What a huge surprise.

We have down lights going in through out the house too so lots of work going on.  Spring is nearly here and that means lots of gardening to get stuck into.

I have so many projects I want to get started and finished, it's good to be so busy.
I'd better get a junk journal finished so I can post it up here.

Kate.






No comments:

Post a Comment

What to do about the squirrels, otherwise known as "ohh look something shiny"

Hi all, Yeah, I was going merrily about my creative business when I fell down a rabbit hole.  A Junk Journaling rabbit hole.  This is a tr...