Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Fountain Pens and Memories

I have memories of myself as a child discovering my parents fountain pens, one I remember as being maroon and gold, dipping the nib into a jar of ink and squeezing to suck up the ink and then the joy of writing with the pen. I felt so grown up and artistic. I would collect old cheque books and old stationery from my parents' teaching days in England to write in.  Those pens are long gone I expect, (I must ask my Mum if she still has them) but now I am the proud owner of my very own fountain pen. It's a Pilot Metropolitan with a fine nib and in this gorgeous teal colour. I also purchased some Aqua Lagoon ink to write in. I purchased these from the lovely Rene at Pen Classics www.penclassics.nz. She was so helpful.



My new fountain pen

Sadly my handwriting seems no better than my childhood days. All uneven in size, slope and style. My attitude is somewhat improved, in that I am much kinder to myself about it and realise the joy of writing with a beautiful pen is more important than whether I have perfect handwriting. I am practising however and hope to learn to write in a more consistent and aesthetically pleasing manner.  I've been informed that these pens are addictive and I may end up with a collection.



MI'm looking forward to that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What to do about the squirrels, otherwise known as "ohh look something shiny"

Hi all, Yeah, I was going merrily about my creative business when I fell down a rabbit hole.  A Junk Journaling rabbit hole.  This is a tr...