Sunday, July 28, 2019

MARKET DAY (putting myself out there)

Yep I did it,  I decided to take my humble cards to the market and see if anyone would buy them.  I spent a bit of time thinking about how I wanted my table set up to look and got some advice from my daughters. I also didn't want to spend a fortune on this venture as I was not sure how it was going to go.  So this is how it ended up looking...

Happy with how it all looked I packed up all my cards and put a little logo on the back,  and packed up my car for a bright early start in the morning.

Sunday morning dawned bright and very cold, so I wrapped up warmly and set out, feeling more than a little vulnerable and nervous.

I was given a wee spot a little out of the way of people traffic and sadly in the shade.  I had a touch of sunshine for about 30 minutes first thing...

The sun rose and went behind the trees and I was in shade all morning

How did it go??  I think I had about 5 people come and look, with one lady who actually looked at the cards.  Nobody purchased them.  I was frozen to the core by 1pm and feeling a little deflated to say the least.  I am pleased and proud that I got it together and went along.  I realise people don't really buy and mail cards anymore but I keep making them anyway.  It may be that it was the wrong kind of market and I am going to try a craft market that I have discovered is on once a month.  If nobody buys them it won't stop me creating. I don't make them to sell, but I thought maybe I could make a bit of pocket money.

Meanwhile I have had another physio look at my busted knee and he believes I have torn a ligament which, if he's correct I will need surgery. Back to GP tomorrow to get a referral to a sports doctor who can order further investigations.

I hope this week I can create another project for the Prima Marketing Design Team call.  I have seen many of the other applicants and they are so very talented, but again, I am trying to just believe in myself and give things a go without any pressure or expectations.

Why not??!!

Kate xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

What to do about the squirrels, otherwise known as "ohh look something shiny"

Hi all, Yeah, I was going merrily about my creative business when I fell down a rabbit hole.  A Junk Journaling rabbit hole.  This is a tr...