Wednesday, July 10, 2019

It's May







“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland







I don't much know where I am going much of the time. I used to be a great one for the 5 or 10 year plan, not so much any more. I don't recall many if any of my long term plans ever actually played out. Often I still wonder how I got to be where I am now, at this age. For one I still can barely believe I am 50, (yeah that happened), but also I don't really have a plan.
I left my career of 20 years as a midwife in August, a necessary move I believe, leaving me somewhat lost as far as what I am going to do next. Maybe if I don't know where the destination is then any road can take me there and now that is part of my adventure.
So, I have made a few more cards, photos are under #the100dayproject . I am behind on that now but really keen to catch up, just like my project life. It's good to have goals right?
I've also been watching a YouTube hop by Finnabair https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-aS-ivUyc8 I decided it was about time I at least learnt about the mixed media world of scrapbooking and craft. I really had no idea what gesso was, gel, texture paste, icing paste etc etc.
 After watching all these YouTube videos I am much more educated and might even dabble a little in some mixed media.

Something very exciting that I am buzzing about is this... http://scrapbookexpo.com.au/   I am attending this expo in Brisbane next month, taking  4 classes and then catching a train to the Gold Coast to visit my daughter and her partner. I am terrified to go to this on my own but also thrilled. I am going to SENZ in Auckland in July but this expo will be on a much larger scale than anything I have attended before and I expect to learn so much. Actually that is why I have been doing some mixed media research so I don't look like a complete idiot when I don't know what any of the products or techniques are.
Until then I will be walking and trying to rehabilitate my stuffed knee, painting fences, gardening, creating and maybe just maybe while my partner is away hunting I might even do a bit of renovating in my space.
I'm thinking I will do a little video tour of Kates Space before and after. I had a practice this afternoon and will try and work out how to do it and put it up on here just for a bit of fun.

Here is a thought to finish on...
"Not all those who wander are lost"
J R R Tolkien

Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What to do about the squirrels, otherwise known as "ohh look something shiny"

Hi all, Yeah, I was going merrily about my creative business when I fell down a rabbit hole.  A Junk Journaling rabbit hole.  This is a tr...