Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Scrapbooking


I've been scrapbooking off and on for 15 years now. I was introduced to this hobby of memory keeping by a dear friend when my youngest daughter was a baby.

I've had long periods over this time where I have not picked up scissors and glue and I know in those years I always felt like there was something missing from my life. So recently I have decided it is time to rekindle my creative side in any way I feel inspired to and of course that includes paper crafts.

Most recently I am exploring the mixed media style of scrapbooking, using inks, stamping, paint mediums, water colour and all things texture. It is so much fun and very messy. Thank goodness for YouTube and all the talented people who share their skills so I can learn.

Often I miss having a buddy to scrapbook with but I am very happy that my creative processes are driven by me rather than someone else and that I am gaining confidence in my ability to create something that I find beautiful and satisfying.
My first mixed media layout
I used Scrap Studio papers by Kaisercraft https://www.kaisercraft.com.au/ I used Atelier modelling paste and a stencil in the background. There is clear and white gesso and Tim Holtz mica sprays as well. I have to say I had a ball creating this layout and I have to thank Tiffany Solorio for the very helpful tutorials and beautiful mixed media projects she shares on her channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVGqe97Jlx5E2qxVpfjnCbghttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVGqe97Jlx5E2qxVpfjnCbg


So here's to learning new things, not just physical practical things but the more esoteric meaningful things, even at fifty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What to do about the squirrels, otherwise known as "ohh look something shiny"

Hi all, Yeah, I was going merrily about my creative business when I fell down a rabbit hole.  A Junk Journaling rabbit hole.  This is a tr...