Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Fab at Fifty

In August, barely three weeks ago, I turned 5 oh.  It was really, oh did that just happen?  oh, where did the time go? It is also oh, let’s make the upcoming, remaining days, weeks, months and years really count.

It was a quiet, unassuming day, significant  but not earth shattering.

More significant and mind bending is what happened shortly before my birthday. I quit my job of 13 years as a staff midwife at the local maternity unit. Midwifery has been part of my life as a profession for 20 years, so this was not an easy decision. However I have lost my passion for it and the profession itself has changed to a point I can hardly recognise it as the vocation I was so passionate about in my late 20’s.

As part of my journey to a more creative, fulfilling life I feel my journey as a midwife may be complete or on hold. I am  in a process of creating a life I love that is adventurous and full of joy and love.

Even more momentous than resigning and beginning a new and exciting decade of life is the realising of an almost life long dream to travel to Italy. Ever since seeing A Room With A View in London at 18 years of age, I have wanted to travel to Italy.  The grandeur and beauty captured me and I have promised myself I would go there one day. This month the dream comes to fruition and even better I get to share it with a wonderful and loving man.



So all in all my life is exciting and full of promise and possibilities.

I plan to document some of my trip on this blog,  To a greater or lesser extent remains to be seen.

Love

kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What to do about the squirrels, otherwise known as "ohh look something shiny"

Hi all, Yeah, I was going merrily about my creative business when I fell down a rabbit hole.  A Junk Journaling rabbit hole.  This is a tr...